UPDATE: as of noon on Tuesday, Jan. 17, J.M. Patterson has been re-opened.

A small electrical fire occurred in a lab in the J.M. Patterson building on Monday, January 16. No one was injured.

The fire started in the Lab for Advanced Materials Processing on the second floor of the building, apparently when a fan malfunctioned. The sprinkler system controlled the fire until emergency responders arrived. Officials are still determining how much damage there is. The building remains closed at this time while cleanup continues.


January 17, 2012

«Previous Story  



Current Headlines

University of Maryland School of Engineering Announces Unprecedented Investment from A. James & Alice B. Clark Foundation

Reaching for the Sky

Sturdy Insulator Made of Wood

Maryland UAS Experts Join Humanitarian Effort to Rebuild a Devastated Dominica

Clark School Researchers Recognized for Exceptional Inventions

UAS Test Site Seeks Summer 2018 Interns

Derek Paley interviewed for WYPR's 'On the Record'

The Clark School Celebrates Women's History Month

UMD’s Woehl Research Group Wins Grant to Explore Stability of Nanocomposites

UMD Awarded $1.4 Million to Design New Treatment for PCBs, Heavy Metals in Stormwater

Back to top  
AGRC Home Clark School Home UMD Home